Participants in SA Clean Tech are committed to help facilitate a broad range of governmental, business and educational related community initiatives to advance “Critical Priorities for San Antonio.”
- Learn what technologies, programs, & practices are most appropriate for our region.
- Communicate via major media the best ideas for saving money, energy, water and clean air.
- Educate, train and develop our workforce for good paying new jobs in clean tech in the future.
- Propose guidelines, programs & initiatives to direct investment & assure appropriate behavior.
- Incentivize action - identify, encourage and communicate rebates, grants, & subsidies.
- Finance entrepreneurial initiatives in resource efficiency and Alternative Energy.
- Attract talent and businesses to accelerate the growth of the clean tech revolution.
Areas of Focus:
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Star
- LEED Certification
- Smart Metering
- Distributed ENergy
- Solar Thermal
- Algae Biofuel
- Smart Grid
- Wind Farms
- Micro Wind Turbines
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Of Special Note: Our Energy Water Nexus
The continued security and economic health of our region depends on a sustainable supply of both energy and water. These two critical resources are inextricably and reciprocally linked; the production of energy requires large volumes of water while the treatment and distribution of water is equally dependent upon readily available, low-cost energy. Our region’s ability to continue providing both clean, affordable energy and water is being seriously challenged by a number of emerging issues.
Improve the Quality of Life
- Create new, well-paying “Green Jobs”
- Educate, train and develop individuals to become a productive, relevant workforce
- Save Energy and Save Money
- Conserve Water and Save Money
- Cleaner air
Encourage Strong Economic Development
Attract/Develop Manufacturing, Assembly, Installation, and/or Maintenance Jobs for:
- Solar PV Panels
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- Micro-Wind Systems (in some areas of the Hill country)
- Micro- Hydro Systems
- LED Lighting Systems
- Advanced Air Condition Systems
- Smart Energy Meters
- Batteries/Energy Storage Systems
- Geothermal applications
Attract/Develop Service Jobs for:
- Energy Analysis / Audits
- Energy Efficiency Recommendations
- Water Conservation Recommendations
- Certification Programs
- Solar Power Investments
- Solar Hot Water Investments